Care Opinion24th August 2020
The Patient and Client Council are proud to be partnering with Care Opinion Northern Ireland, which was launched by the Department of Health and the Public Health Agency in August 2020.
Care Opinion is an online feedback platform where you can share your experiences of health or social care in Northern Ireland.
Care Opinion shares the user’s story with the relevant Health and Social Care Trust, where a healthcare professional will respond to the feedback via Care Opinion in an open and transparent manner.
Find out more in this short video:
If you have used health or social care in Northern Ireland over the past three years, whether your experience was good or could have been improved, please tell your story – and help to improve the services you use – by:
• Visiting www.careopinion.org.uk;
• Calling the Care Opinion Freephone number on 0800 122 3135; or
• Completing a freepost Care Opinion feedback leaflet.
The Patient and Client Council can also support you to use the platform and tell your story – please contact us on 0800 917 0222 or at email@example.com.
Ten months after the launch of Care Opinion in Northern Ireland, Care Opinion surveyed 1,414 health and social care staff registered as users of the online platform. 337 staff responded to the survey, with the large majority indicating strong support for our service, both in principle and in practice.
- Care Opinion’s mission was seen as fairly or very important by 96% of respondents.
- In addition, 92% of respondents felt that Care Opinion would definitely or probably be helpful for patients and relatives, 89% for themselves or their team, and 95% for their organisation.
Click here to read the Care Opinion survey of NI staff, June 2021