What is the PCC Membership Scheme?
The Patient and Client Council’s Membership Scheme was set up as a meaningful way of involving the public on health and social care issues. We engage with our members to gather their views on health and social care to inform the key decision makers on what people say.
Why we need your involvement
We want to work in partnership with the people of Northern Ireland to help shape the future of local health and social care services and to ensure that your voice is heard by the decision makers. We want to form strong links with patients, clients, carers and communities to help us affect real change in the development, planning and provision of services.
Check out our video to see why you should get involved.
What do members do?
As a member you will have opportunites to:
- Be a part of the transformation agenda in Northern Ireland
- Create change in Northern Ireland
- Have access to voluntary and paid opportunities
- Join a network of people with similar interests
- Help to improve local and regional services.
- Have access to training from experts in Health and Social Care.
Health and Social Care services are funded by the people of Northern Ireland, so it is only fair that you have a say in what services you would like to see, and how you would like them to change.
What have Members done?
The Membership Scheme began in April 2010, and in a short space of time members have contributed significantly to a number of projects such as:
- Hospital Meals
- District Nursing
- Palliative & End of Life Care
- Mental Health & Learning Disability Services
- Rare Diseases
- And many more…
All our our reports are available in the Publications section of our website, or you can request a hard copy by calling our Freephone number: 0800 917 0222.
If you would like to join our Membership Scheme, simply Click Here to sign up.