The Department of Health, through Health Development Policy Branch are pulling together a project board for the development of our next strategy for tackling obesity, to replace the current A Fitter Future For All 2012-2022 obesity prevention strategic framework. We are seeing 2 people living with obesity, who would be happy to join the project board to represent people with lived experience.
The new Strategy will link into the Programme for Government outcome ‘We all enjoy healthy, active lives’. One of the intended aims is to improve the general health of people in Northern Ireland.
The project will provide the following outcomes:
- Identify key areas for improvement in obesity prevention policy and services in Northern Ireland;
- Create a common direction and focus through a co-produced obesity prevention strategy in Northern Ireland; and
- Achieve and deliver improvements in obesity prevention policy, services and governance in Northern Ireland.
In the first instance, the project board will meet to discuss how they should collectively proceed and to decide what the overall vision for the strategy should be. The expectation is that meetings will be monthly and will be held virtually. Service Users should be able to represent their views and views of others by providing input at meetings.
- Ability to participate in/input group discussion would be useful.
- Good Listening Skills
- Ability to review verbal and written material provided by others.
- Willingness to commit to review documents
- A good understanding of available services would be beneficial
A project initiation document has been drafted and cleared by minister. This explains the planned approach (see attached)
https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/publications/obesity-prevention-framework-and-reports is the previous strategy
https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/publications/making-life-better-strategy-and-reports Making Life Better is the overarching Strategy for public health in Northern Ireland
Health and Wellbeing 2026: Delivering Together Dept of Health’s 10 Year Vision for H&SC
Spaces are limited. Please complete the form below to register your interest.
If you have any queries, please contact Laura Bonnes, Involvement Coordinator, via email@example.com